When we try to raise the [abortion] issue and press for resolution, we find obstacles at every turn:
- When we speak about abortion in church, we’re told it’s too political.
- When we speak about it in the political arena, we’re told it’s too religious.
- When we try to raise the issue in the media, we’re told it is too disturbing.
- When we dare speak of it in the world of business, we are told it is too distracting.
- When we try to introduce it in a classroom, we are told it’s too controversial.
- When we take our message to the streets, we are told it is too disruptive.
So if abortion is wrong, where do we go to say so? We go where the opposition does not want us to: into the churches, into politics, into the media, into the business world, into education, and into the streets!
--Fr. Frank Pavone, Abolishing Abortion