* Not to deliberately cause crosses, by one's own fault.
* Be aware of one's neighbour's good.
* Admire the sublime virtue of the saints without pretending to attain to it.
* Ask God for the wisdom of the cross.
* Humble oneself for one's faults, without worrying. God humbles us to purify us.
* Avoid the trap of pride in one's crosses.
* Profit by little sufferings rather than great ones.
* Love crosses, not with an emotional love, but with rational and supernatural love.
* Suffer all sorts of crosses, without exception and without choice.
* Never complain against creatures.
* Accept the cross only with gratitude.
* Take up some voluntary crosses.
--Adapted from St. Louis de Montfort, Letter to the Friends of the Cross