Monday, April 13, 2015

QUOTATION: Our Eucharistic Lord

St. Peter Julian Eymard
It seems to me that Our Lord, on quitting the tabernacle to come to us, says : "I am going to be incarnated in this person. I am going to unite Myself sacramentally to her in order that my personality may take the place of hers. I want to be her principle, and to elevate her being and her actions to the divine Unity. I shall think and will in her soul. I shall live in her body, love in her heart, glorify My Father in her as I glorified Him on earth in My Sacred Humanity. I am going to continue for the glory of My Father, for His love, and for the honor of this creature, My meriting and suffering life. I shall give to her actions a supernatural and divine value, and I shall be the centre of her affections and the principle of a new life, which will be the reproduction of My own life."

--St. Peter Julian Eymard